JOIN the CHALLENGE!
Volunteer to Help Prepare Taxes
for Military Families & First Responders in 2023!
Filing for Freedom offers volunteer tax preparation services for
military personnel and first responders.
The Filing for Freedom program is brought to our Military and First Responders, in partnership with the IRS, the Department of Defense, Georgia Society of CPAs, Tax Sections of the State Bar of Georgia, the Tax Section of the American Bar Association (Pro Bono & Low- Income Taxpayer Committee), Atlanta Bar Association, the Maryland Association of CPAs, the Maryland State Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, and numerous other state CPA and bar associations.
In 2023, we will offer free in-person and virtual Taxpayer Services for First Responders, and Active Military taxpayers in select locations:
If you are associated with the following locations, please register for free tax return preparation services by clicking on the appropriate link below and filling out the requested information. Once submitted, you will receive details specific to what information you will need to provide. Additionally, someone will reach out to you to confirm your appointment date and time.
- Atlanta Police Department (In-Person Only): Register Here
- Dobbins Air Reserve Base (In-Person Only): Register Here
- Joint Base Andrews (MD) (In-Person & Virtual): Register Here
- Randolph Air Force Base (TX) (Virtual Only): Register Here
- Fort Knox (KY) (Virtual Only): Register Here
- Fort Myer (VA) (Virtual Only): Register Here
- Fort Polk (LA) (Virtual Only): Register Here
- Fort Sill (OK) (Virtual Only): Register Here
To volunteer and help provide services to our Military and First Responders as a Greeter, Preparer or Reviewer, whether in-person or virtually, please register by clicking on the appropriate link below and filling out the requested information. Once submitted, you will receive details specific to training and certifications that must be completed prior to volunteering.
- For in-person volunteering in Atlanta, Georgia with Dobbins Air Reserve Base and the Atlanta Police Department: Register Here.
- For in-person volunteering with Joint Base Andrews (MD): Register Here.
- For virtual volunteering with Joint Base Andrews (MD), Randolph Air Force Base (TX), Fort Knox (KY), Fort Myer (VA), Fort Polk (LA), and Fort Sill (OK): Register Here.
Volunteers can help through the following roles:
- GREETERS to screen taxpayers and determine the type of assistance they need and confirm they have the necessary documents to complete their returns.
- PREPARERS to provide tax return preparation service after completing online training
certification and orientation with the IRS filing system.
- REVIEWERS to review tax returns completed by preparers, and ensure quality
service and correctness of tax return for filing.